Sunday, May 27, 2012

An Enchanting Preview!

Still Having Troubles

Well It seems as if today things are going in my own favor. Today I worked completely on my Enchanting System. This system will feature Quite a few features which range from Giving items new names, to making the item steal hp from monsters. Its written in RGSS1 for RPG Maker XP, I'll more than likely have it done in a week or so if I continue to work on it in my free time. Until then heres a sneak peak at what I have so far.




Thus far, I've added in the currency, and imported the players inventory, I've also completed the code for creating new weapons, and armor. Next I'll be figuring out how I want the player to enchant items, I have an idea for it right now, but its not 100% reasonable, Basically right now the enchantment you get it 100% random, but from my tests it not working how I wanted it to. So I might change it to be a random pick, with a chance modifier. IE: it will pick an enchantment at random, and say it picks Mythical, it will then check the chance for that enchantment (10%) and if you fall between 0-10 on a random number between 0-100 then you get the enchantment, otherwise it re-roll's for a new enchantment. I was thinking of having this process repeat several times before being marked as a failed enchantment. Just some thoughts, if anyone has any ideas, please comment.

Thanks
Luke (aka azrith001)

No comments:

Post a Comment